Copenhagen. The Church of St. Ansgar and the Church of Alexander Nevsky
Right from design Museum is the Cathedral of St. Ansgar (Sankt Ansgars Kirke,Katolsk Domkirke map). as a result of the victory of the reformation in Denmark, the Catholic Church was prohibited, and the law in 1624, threatened by the Catholic missionaries and priests with the death penalty. After the Thirty years war was made for the relief of the embassies, they were allowed to have its own Catholic chapel. In 1764, the Austrian Embassy bought on the street Bredgade (Bredgade) plot and the means of Mary Trasie it was built the chapel. Over time, the authorities became more tolerant of Roman Catholics, in 1840 year, the place of the chapel began construction of a large Church. The Cathedral in neoclassical style was designed by German architect Gustav Getcha (Gustav Friedrich Hetsch) and was opened on 1 November 1842. And in 1849 was adopted a democratic Constitution, and Denmark abolished the religious restrictions.
Supreme court of Western Denmark (Vestre Landsret).
Figure depicting Justice. Apparently, this building also relates to the judiciary.
In the next block, on the right side Bredgade is the Church of Alexander Nevsky (Alexander Nevsky Kirke map). The first Orthodox chapel appeared in Copenhagen at the house of the Russian envoy in the mid-18th century. The great temple Bredgade appeared thanks to the efforts of Empress Maria Feodorovna, the Danish origin (the daughter of king Christian IX, Princess Dagmar). 1881 the Russian government has allocated 300 thousand rubles, 70 thousand of them were separated from family funds Alexander III. The design of the Cathedral was developed by Professor of the Imperial Academy of arts David Ivanovich Grimm, Director of the Danish Academy of fine arts Professor Ferdinand Meldahl (Ferdinand Meldahl) and the Copenhagen architect albert Nielsen. (Albert Nielsen). The temple was built in Russian-Byzantine style of red brick. The facade is decorated on the front with white Sandstone in the drawing by the artist A. K. Fisher. The lower floor is tiled with grey granite. August 29 (September 10), 1883, in the presence of Emperor Alexander III, Empress Maria Feodorovna and the Danish king Christian IX, the Church was consecrated consecrated in the name of St. Alexander Nevsky.
Belfry has 6 bells, the largest weighs 288 lbs. the Facade is crowned by the icon of St. Grand Prince Alexander Nevsky, written on a slab of volcanic stone Professor F. A. Bronnikov.
In the 1920s the Church was in the jurisdiction of the Manager of the Russian parishes in Western Europe of the Russian Orthodox Church. In the temple prayed while in exile, Maria Feodorovna, here 19 October 1928, her funeral was held.
Typical Danish family on a typical family transport. In Denmark, women definitely have full equality with men.